Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Beauty Essentials

I'd have to say I am not HUGE into makeup. Maybe it's the fact that I just still can't get my eyes to look like Kim Kardashian's and that it's just getting frustrating to keep attempting. My usual day to day beauty routine is quite simple with just a few staples that I wear each and every day. Usually I'll wear my Bobbi Brown corrector because it's frankly the best damn concealer ever created. MAC blush on the apples of my cheeks so I look alive and always OPI nail color. Some mascara to finish it off however, this is the one item I don't have an absolute favorite of. I try new ones each time and have yet to fall in love with a mascara that I can't live without. Currently I'm using Bobbi Brown's since I ran out at the same time my concealer did and was too lazy to try out any other mascara at any other make up counter.
If it's a special occasion, I'll usually add a few extras for all you folks out there to enjoy like eyeshadow and fun lipstick. If you're going to put on eyeshadow, I suggest you don't ever put on any eyeshadow ever again until you buy Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. It makes your eyeshadow stick to your eyelids for days. Eyeliner is a must and waterproof is ideal. And if I'm feeling a little frisky, red lipstick it is. I'll even add a smokey eye if I can get it just right.
une 2011 Favorites and Beauty Essentials
I've never done a monthly favorites before but I figure I should start. It's always fun to know what other people's favorites are. I think it also gives you an idea of what they like, to know a little more about them, and give you more ideas on products you may want to try.
Since this is my first monthly favorites, I'm going to focus on my beauty essentials. The products I will mention on this post are products I use either daily or reach for the most often. They are what I consider my beauty essentials.

MAKEUP

1. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation. I use shade Buff 5C, just in case you are wondering. A review for this is long overdue.
2. Revlon Photoready foundation. I use Nude 004. This is a little lighter than I would like but I can make it work if I contour my face. This has shimmers in it so if you don't like shimmers and dewy finishes, you will not like this foundation.
3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I use shade medium light. This is my HG face powder. I plan to do a review on this face powder so I will talk more about it later.
4. Milani Baked Blush. I've been reaching for these a lot every since I bought them. The shades I used the most are Luminoso and Berry Amore.
5. Benefit Erase Paste. Very creamy and does a good job at covering my blemishes and scars.
6. NARS Blush/Bronzer Trio. This palette holds NARS most coveted face powders: Orgasm, Laguna, and Albatross.
7. MAKE UP FOREVER HD powder. I have yet to review this powder. I also plan to compare it with the ELF HD powder.
8. MAKE UP FOREVER Aqua Liner 13 (black). Waterproof, smudge-proof, long-wearing, very pigmented deep black liquid liner.
9. Physicians Formula Gel Cream liners. I mostly use the black one. It's not just straight up black but it has very fine colored glitter in it. I'm normally not a huge fan of gel/cream liners but I've been using these a lot lately. The consistency of this gel is very easy to work with and last all day.
10. Urban Decay Primer Potion. This is the only thing I've been using to prime my lids for the past year. I have the XL bottle and it's been lasting me forever, lol. I can't wait to get the one with the new packaging.
SKINCARE

11. LUSH Coco Lotion. Prior to this lotion, I was a huge fan of baby lotions because they absorbed very quickly and don't leave a greasy feeling afterward. The wonderful thing is when I use this lotion, I don't end up smelling like a baby and I get the same result of the baby lotion, lol. I love the soft and subtle coconut scent.
12. Boscia Restorative Night Cream. All I gotta say is I've been really impressed with this skincare brand. It's expensive but is everything that I want in a face cream.
13. Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment. The softness and texture of this gel is amazing. You will love this if you don't mind the price.
14. Shiseido White Lucent face lotion. It can't get rid of my freckles unfortunately but it's light-weight and does a good job at keeping my skin moisturized without feeling heavy and greasy. This large bottle is a bit expensive but will last you a long time because a little goes a long way.
15. Lancome Bi-Facil makeup remover. Pricey but very effective and effortless at removing waterproof eye makeup and also feels gentle on the skin.
16. Lancome Genefique. It's expensive but I bought it because I got a huge discount for it and wanted to see if it does anything for me. I'm probably not the best candidate to review this since I don't really have problematic skin but I still plan on reviewing this. I've been using this for 3 months now.
17. LUSH Angel on Bare Skin face cleanser. I've been loving this since the day I got it. I plan to review this.

No comments:

Post a Comment